Recycling in Derbyshire
Recycling information, green businesses, repair cafes and environmental organisations in Derbyshire, UK.
Here is where you can recycle near you as well as find out about sustainablity and waste reduction where you live.
- Derbyshire Wildlife Trust works across six Living Landscapes with over 170 projects for wildlife, people and wild spaces, plus they run education centres, shops and their own summer festival.
- Urban Wildlife is a company based in Derby who provide humane solutions to wildlife problems to businesses and individuals.
- The Derby and Sandiacre Canal is a group of voluneers dedicated to restoring the Derby Canal as close to the original line as possible so that it will connect Derby to the national waterways network.
- East Midlands Wood Recycling is a Social Enterprise set up to reclaim, reuse and recycle wood, providing good quality wood for sale which, without our intervention, may have been either chipped or sent to landfill before its useful life is over. They also provide opportunities for volunteering and training in the local community.
- Campaign For Rural England Derbyshire work with our community, members and stakeholders for a thriving local countryside for all.
Repair cafes are held on various dates, check the website or contact the organisers to confirm when the next event will be held.
- Tideswell & District Repair Cafe Tideswell Community Hall
- Buxton Repair Cafe Methodist Church, Buxton Market Place
- Chesterfield Repair Café Baptist Church, Cross Street
- Belper Repair Cafe No28 Market Place, Belper
- Derby Repair Cafe West End Community Centre
Local Councils In Derbyshire
Your local county, city or district council will have information about recycling collections, facilities and waste management in your area.
- Amber Valley Borough Council
- Bolsover District Council
- Chesterfield Borough Council
- Derby City Council
- Derbyshire County Council
- Derbyshire Dales District Council
- Erewash Borough Council
- High Peak Borough Council
- North East Derbyshire District Council
- South Derbyshire District Council