Recycling in Tyne and Wear
Recycling information, green businesses, repair cafes and environmental organisations in Tyne and Wear, UK.
Here is where you can recycle near you as well as find out about sustainablity and waste reduction where you live.
- Recycle Your Furniture save items from being sent to landfill by refunking unwanted items and returning them to the community in a refreshed and creatively refunked state that’s uniquely different, or simply repairing them for reuse. They are based in Ouseburn, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
- Recyke Y'Bike is a community project that accepts donated bikes from members of the public. Trained mechanics and volunteers then fix them up for resale. Bikes are sold to the public to raise funds for running the project and also to finance the sending of sturdy bikes to Re-Cycle’s projects in Africa which support schools and community health programmes there.
- Ethical Superstore is a Gateshead based business which offers eco-friendly alternatives to everyday items such as fashion, food, cosmetics and cleaners that do as little harm to the environment as possible.
- Newcastle Wood Recycling divert as much wood as possible from the waste stream in the North East and in doing so, to create jobs, training and volunteering opportunities to people in the local community.
Local Councils In Tyne and Wear
Your local county, city or district council will have information about recycling collections, facilities and waste management in your area.
- Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council
- Newcastle upon Tyne City Council
- North Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council
- South Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council
- Sunderland City Council