Where Can I Recycle.....Used Postage Stamps?
Do you have a collection of used postage stamps in your home? If (like me!) you can't bear to just throw them away, there are lots of organisations that can use them to raise money for a good cause.
Here is a list of organisations in the Uk which collect used stamps to raise money.
Some of them will also accept donations of old stamp collections which can be sold to collectors to raise extra funds for charity.
Many of these charities can accept other items such as old coins, cigarette cards and postcards.
- RNIB Help the Royal National Institute of Blind People by donating used stamps, which they ask that you separate them into UK and overseas. They also accept also collect first day covers, presentation packs and albums.
- RSPB At the time of writing the RSPB are collecting used postage stamps from the UK and overseas to help protect albatrosses. They can also accept stamp collections, first day covers and other collectable stamps for resale.
- CRY Care and Relief for the Young collect used postage stamps to raise funds, and they can also provide you with a collection box for your workplace.
- Against Breast Cancer collect all loose used stamps for recycling.
- The Leprosy Mission Your stamps can also help stamp out the horror of leprosy if you donate them to the Leprosy Mission.
- PDSA You can help ensure that animals recieve healthcare where their owner is unable to afford it by collecting stamps and donating them to The People's Dispensary for Sick Animals.
- Leukaemia CARE can also make use of old postage stamps. You can request a pre-paid envelope from them to send the stamps in.
- Hearing Dogs for Deaf People Can also offer a pre-paid envelope for your used stamps from all over the world.
- Oxfam will accept stamp albums and other collectable stamps, which can be donated at any of their shops.
Do you know of another charity which collects used postage stamps? Please let us know about it so that it can be included on this page. Contact Us
About the Author: Jacqui O'Brien is the Editor of Reduce Reuse Recycle.
22nd February 2017
©Reduce, Reuse, Recycle 2005 - 2017
Legal and Disclaimer
Most Popular in Recycling
CDs & DVDs
Milk Bottle Tops
Printer & Toner Cartridges