Free Educational Recycling Resources
Image Credit: sanja gjenero
Caring for the environment is now an important part of any child's education, and topics on environmental issues are included in many GCSE science and geography courses.
Here are a selection of free printables and online recycling and environmental resources for homes, schools and offices plus resources for teachers, students and home educators
- Recycle More have a section for schools with recycling fact posters to print off, recycling and waste disposal information and green projects. A selection of activities for home or classroom and primary or secondary school use.
- Twinkl have a lovely collection of printable educational resources, aimed at children at KS1 and KS2 level.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Various downloadable and free materials to send off for (presumably only free within the US!) for teachers, parents and home educators. They promte a multi-disciplinary approach to learning about environmental issues that enhances knowledge, builds critical thinking skills and helps students make informed and responsible decisions.
- Sparklebox Free, colourful printable posters for schools reminding children to reduce and recycle. Also available in Welsh and Gaelic.
- Recycle for Greater Manchester have a collection of brilliant educational material which is divided in to topics such as food waste, sorting recycling, thermal energy recovery from waste and mechanical biological treatment.
- Recycle Now Schools A range of educational materials, printable posters and recycling advice for primary and secondary schools, as well as recycling posters and advice on setting up recycling at school.
- Aberdeen City Council have an excellent collection of teaching materials on a wide range of environmental topics for teachers of primary school children. Local school children can also book a tour of a local recycling plant.
- Edutopia are a trove of environmentally conscious teaching tools. With lesson plans, web sites, and educational resources by topic, grade level, cost, or location, with materials for learning about sustainability, conservation, and other earth-friendly practices and curricula.
- Sustainability and Environmental Education (SEEd) are a UK charity that identifies, promotes, enables and supports environmental education and education for sustainable development in the UK.
Best Sites for Kids To Learn About The Environment